Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you don't understand what "open source" means
Open source does not mean "I put some files up for download." Open source does not mean "I force people to register in my forums to see the files."

Go read the wikipedia definition for open source.

Pick a license, and then put your stuff up on github like everyone else. Nobody's gonna sign up for your web forum.

And a heads up to anyone thinking of doing so: there are no "source" files except for the arduino. Just PDFs of an incredibly rudimentary circuit layout,  STLs for some very basic 3d prints, some build instructions that leave out a bunch of information (like why there are several servo horn mounts)...
(09-06-2020, 03:08 AM)fu3k0ff Wrote: Go read the wikipedia definition for open source.
... that reads "Use of the term originated with software, but has expanded ... forms of open collaboration."

(09-06-2020, 03:08 AM)fu3k0ff Wrote: Pick a license, and then put your stuff up on github like everyone else.
A forum member has already put it on GitHub, he first asked politely to do so.
(09-06-2020, 03:08 AM)fu3k0ff Wrote: Nobody's gonna sign up for your web forum.
300 enthousisasts already did... and counting.

(09-06-2020, 03:08 AM)fu3k0ff Wrote: there are no "source" files except for the arduino. Just PDFs of an incredibly rudimentary circuit layout,  STLs for some very basic 3d prints,
Nobody said this is a commercial, professionally product.
(09-06-2020, 03:08 AM)fu3k0ff Wrote: some build instructions that leave out a bunch of information (like why there are several servo horn mounts)...
A more comprehensive manual is still under construction. The servo horn info is in the Basic Manual.
thread is closed